93-95 Gloucester Place,
London W1U 6JQ, United Kingdom.
Registered office
Unit 4 Arlington Court,
Arlington Business Park, Whittle Way,
Stevenage, Herts SG1 2FS
t. 020 7112 8842
e. info@oracleadvice.co.uk
w. www.oracleadvice.co.uk
020 7112 8842


93-95 Gloucester Place,

London W1U 6JQ, United Kingdom.

Unit 4 Arlington Court,

Business Park, Stevenage SG1 2FS


A guide on contents insurance from Oracle’s independent mortgage brokers

Contents insurance is a type of home insurance but – unlike buildings insurance, which covers permanent parts of your home such as its structure – it covers your personal belongings.

Mortgage providers usually don’t require you to buy contents insurance like they do with buildings insurance, but there are many reasons why you might want to anyway.

What does contents insurance cover?

Contents insurance covers pretty much anything that isn’t part of the building’s structure, all your personal belongings including clothing, jewellery, furniture, and electrical goods such as televisions, mobile phones, and white goods.

What does contents insurance not cover?

Contents insurance usually doesn’t cover things like wear and tear, or any damages or problems to the structure of the building, such as the roof.

For valuable items, contents insurance usually has both a total value, and a limit you can claim for a single item, meaning you may need to buy extra cover for more expensive items.

Optional extras with contents insurance

Most standard contents insurance products include cover against fire, theft, and flooding, but there are some optional extras you can purchase

You might assume accidental damage cover is already included, but it is usually optional, so you should always check. Personal possessions cover provides cover for items you use outside your home, such as your mobile phone or laptop. You can also usually add cover for items you use when abroad.

How can Oracle’s independent financial advisers help?

Oracle’s independent financial advisers will get to know your whole situation, so not only can we help you find the right buildings or contents insurance cover, we can also find you the best mortgage deals, help you get bridging finance quickly, which is perfect for buying property at auction, or even help get you the cash to live a more comfortable retirement with equity release policies.